Saturday, February 6, 2010

8 Reasons Why We're Way Cooler Than You

It really erks me when old people sit around and talk about something they know nothing about.

Then they get in this mentality of, "yes, yes, we are so smart and good and better then anyone before or behind us." LAME! Come on! We all have our strengths and weaknesses, but just because I can, I'm going to tell you why my generation is better!

#1 We find breaking news via the Internet
- All this talk about only looking at Facebook, friends and clothes is not entirely true. We do like those things, but I if you asked a 20-something about current events and compared it to a 50-something you would be surprised by our knowledge.

#2 We read on-line
- One might think that older generations read more, but this is reading in the traditional sense. What ? You don't think on-line reading counts?

#3 Education
- You can't act like older generations are smarter just because they know obscure facts. Yes, knowing Pearl Harbor is important, but who did you interview?

#4 Association
- I agree, a certain group of my peers are proud of their lack of education, but please, don't generalize all of us.

#5 Video Games are Sweet!
- You can't deny that my generation's hand-eye coordination is way better then yours.

#6 Sourcing
- Guess what, you are reading on the Internet now, do you not find this valuable? Or nothing on the Internet is valuable?

#7 Blame the Parents
- Let me give you a lesson. If your kids have to sleep with their technology, you have a problem! Parents, please learn how to raise your kids.

#8 Your just jealous
- You think an oldie could have created something like a Facebook? My mom still doesn't know how to accept friend requests....

Another interesting point

4 comments:

  1. Love your points. I agree that it is insulting to this generation to put us all in one category. Being tech savvy and knowing to use the internet as a tool to enhance our quality of life is where its at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #6. I alluded (take that vocab word, haters!) to that same point in my blog. Funny that all of these internet generation bashings were online articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with some of your points, but just like you said it is wrong to generalize about the younger generation, it's also wrong to generalize about the older generation. I know and work with many 50+ year olds who not only use the Internet and related technology, but also create much of what allows us to use it, get faster access to it, etc. While my 80-year-old father-in-laws hand eye coordination may no longer be that of a 20-year old, he still surfs, books his international trips online, and keeps in touch with friends around the world by e-mail. And he's not the only one of that generation that I know. I think finger-pointing doesn't help. It should be about improving access and education for everyone and use the best tools that allow us to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to echo Julie here. You sound almost angry. Did an elderly women steal away your beloved internet? It's all going to be ok.

    ReplyDelete